Friday, July 17, 2009
5:46 PM Posted by Abu71
Fishing worms and other soft plastic baits are some of the most modern offerings in artificial lures. Though there was a patent approved in 1906 for a hard rubber "angle worm" that wrapped around a hook to give a worm-like presentation, it was not until the 1950s that the idea actually caught on.
1. Some soft bait manufacturers use silicone for their worms. Silicone is often used when the lure has a combination of hard and soft textures (such as a solid head with a swimming tail). Silicone gives the bait softness, motion and elasticity.
2. Plastisol is a generic expression. It represents polyvinyl chloride (PVC) suspended in a solution known as a plasticizer. Plastisol starts out as a liquid vinyl, but upon heating and cooling it becomes a flexible plastic product.
3. The PVC in your worms is the same PVC that is used in your plumbing and waterproof boots. The difference between them is only the amount of plasticizer they contain, which space out the polymers and make the plastic more flexible. More plasticizer makes the bait softer, but also less durable.
4. Polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) is a water-soluble plastic that is used in some newer soft baits. It has been used in fishing to provide a quick-dissolving pouch for rigs and bait dispersal. This new application challenges the manufacturers to suspend its dissolution for fishing while still allowing lost lures to break down safely.
5. The company FoodSource Lures has developed a line of soft baits that behave in a similar fashion to their plastic kin, but that are molded in a gelatin base that is void of polymers. The exact composition of FoodSource baits is closely guarded. The material is durable, completely biodegradable and fully digestible.
5:32 PM Posted by Abu71
Rapala® SILVER BLACK- GIANT LURE Product InformationInstant storytelling erupts every time anglers get near these massive replicas of America's favorite lure. And like this lure, the stories can be pretty large. Packed in Original Floater style carton with the Legend of Lauri Rapala story on the back. A great gift item for birthdays, Father's Day, a cabin open house, or a gag gift, this 29-1/2" lure is sure to be a hit.Makes a natural centerpiece in a woodsy bar setting, Pair with an oversized rod and reel and let your friends know that you use only Rapalas and plan on getting the big one
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
6:45 AM Posted by Abu71
Labels: Swivels and Snaps
Labels: Swivels and Snaps
Swivels and Snaps Model: JF610-2 Fish Swivels,Snap Swivels,Fishing Swivels,Swivel Snap,Snap Hook Swivel, Fishing Lures,Fish Hooks,Fishing Hook,Fishing Tackles,Lure,Fishhook,Fly Hook Product Description: We can provide all kinds of sea fish hook for you. All kinds of swivels and snaps in many colors are available, such as barrel swivel, rolling swivel, crane swivel, ball bearing swivel, tuna swivel, cross-line swivel, three way swivel, minus swivel, safety snap, interlock snap, Danish snap, coast lock snap, hooked snap, Italian snap, insurance snap etc. Many kinds of hooks are available, such as Carp,Shrimp, Octopus,Grouper ,Nautilus etc. Colors: brown, black, ns-black,nickel,golden, Ti, PS Size: 5/0 4/0 3/0 2/0 1/0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fishhook Model: JF340 Fish Hooks,Fishing Hook,Fishhook,Fishing Lures,Fly Hook,Fishing Tackles,Lure Our fishhook have been enjoying great reputation among our customers.Any inquires will be greatly appreciated. if you are interested ,just inform us what style of fishing hook,we will supply you all kinds of fishing hook. Product Description: Size:10/0 9/0 8/0 7/0 6/0 5/0 4/0 3/0 2/0 1/0 0.5 0.8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Variety: Appeared with blue and black, plated with tin,zinc,cadmium,nickel and bronze. Type: Shrimp-tail in flat or eyelet,fish-tail in flat or eyelet. Usage: Suitable for fishing in shallow and deep sea,as well as in lake and pond. Packing: 50-100 pcs in a small box,10 boxes in a middle box.Wooden case packing We can provide all kinds of sea fish hook for you.